Monday, November 4, 2013

ELECTION DAY! HAVE YOUR SAY. #RocktheVote


exploring.jpg



One of my faves, the Welfare Poets, say "we didn't vote to get into this crap, we ain't voting to get out." Well, anyone knowing about Angry knows that the Angry attitude was forged in the blood of the fight for African-American suffrage. If my forebears thought this vote was worth dying for, then at the least, I OWE it to THEM to visit the polls and cast my ballot. I can't disrespect our elders so.

Plus, this is an opportunity to voice choice. Don't like the candidates on the ballot? Write someone's (or your own) name in. Angry wants and expects Di Blasio's win for mayor, but that doesn't mean that my man Jimmy McMillan (above) will not get my vote instead. That's Angry's choice. Y'heard?

Don't hate, participate. Angry is willing to debate all comers re: Resolved, it's better to vote than not.

One love. Vote early. Vote often. Peace.   (Heh-heh. #JimmyMcMillan.)



No comments:

Post a Comment